In the modules sub-directory, you will find the managerpm module.
This is a tool to do various stuff with RPM packages. While
not completed, it is promising. Here are the few things it can
- Install one or more package.
- Choose which package to update from an archive by
comparing with the one you already have. It pops a list
of package to update and you can "check" which one you want.
- Browse the list of installed package by "group".
- Browse a list of package in an archive by "group".
- Show all package not member of the distribution (add-ons)
- Search an archive using keywords. It searches into the
package summary, description and file list (selectable).
This is useful when you want to install a POP server
but have no clue about the name of the package (which
is not always obvious).
Various tools are doing about the same things or close. The advantage
is that managerpm works in Linuxconf, so provide multiple user