dnsconf: smarter updates
- There were two changes there. When you update the basic host
information screen, it updates the DNS accordingly. Before 1.16r3
it was updating the DNS even if nothing was changed. You were
always getting the "The DNS has been updated" message. Now you
get the message (and the updates in the zone files) only if there
is a mismatch (something has changed).
If you modify the DNS and change the definition of one name
found in the basic host information screen and it becomes incompatible
you will be prompt (and will be allowed not to commit the changes).
mailconf vdomain: /etc/skel for vdomain
- Linuxconf used to copy the main /etc/skel in the newly created
virtual email user account. Now it will use, if available,
There should be an option to tell that you do not want a home at all.
Currently, you can achieve that in the setting of the popusers group
but the change is global and affect also the normal pop user accounts.
module dll version
- The external module (module built outside the Linuxconf source tree) were
labeled using the version of the linuxconf-devel package used to compiled
them. This was inadequate and was creating little confusion for the
treemenu. Now, the DLL will be named after the VERSION macro
in the Makefile of the module itself.
More buttons in text mode
- The text mode UI has been enhanced to support more buttons
in dialogs. Now if there are too many buttons, they are split-Ted in
two lines. So far, only one dialog required that
(control system activity/configure one item).
samba: name resolve order
- I have added this field to the default section (in the networking
sub-section), The default for that field is "lmhosts, hosts, bind, bcast".
When using buggy DNS setup, it is worth removing the hosts
samba: netlogon share. Problem with logon entries
- The netlogon share dialog allows you to setup the logon path, logon drive
, logon script and logon home. Unfortunately, those feature are part of the
global section in smb.conf, not part of the netlogon share.
I still think it is appropriate to show this information there, so the
dialog still shows those fields, but the value are properly recorded
in the global section.
- I have received various updates for French, Swedish, Deutsch. The Swedish
translation now sports a lot of help files.