Various enhancements were done to dnsconf since 1.15. A major
rework of the zone file management (master and slave) has been
done by Mathieu. This allows dnsconf to deal with secondary in the same
way internally as primaries, in read-only mode. The visible parts are
- The secondary menu presents the revision date, as read from
the SOA record, like the primaries. This is handy when you want
to know if the secondary is up to date.
- In the secondary dialog, there is an preview button. You can
look at the domain definition.
- There is an update button. This trigger a zone transfer. This is
handy when you want to make sure a secondary is up to date.
In the future, you should be able to
- Browse the various records
- Switch a secondary (slave) to primary (master)